Rhinebeck, NY (PRWEB) November 18, 2014
Kicking off on Black Friday, the holiday season is festive and fun…But it can also be extremely tough on feet, ankles, legs, and knees. Shopping for hours, standing in long checkout lines, attending holiday parties, cooking, traveling to friends and relatives, lugging packages to the post office, and all the extra running around takes its toll on the body. And for the 4.6 million Americans who work in retail, it also means long shifts on the job, standing up stocking shelves or at the register ringing up customers. Wearing fashionable boots, heels, and other non-sensible footwear also takes its toll, causing tired, achy, cranky, sore and swollen feet and aching legs. Then there’s dancing the night away at holiday parties that put feet through their paces.
No one wants soreness or injuries to slow them down, so it’s important to care for your feet so they can carry you through all those seasonal celebrations and chores. It is possible to shop without dropping and enjoy the holidays more with less pain. Lou Paradise, president and chief of research at Topical BioMedics, the makers of Topricin Pain Relief and Healing Cream, offers tips to keep feet happy and healthy so you can get through the season without suffering.
Treat Feet Right:
– When shopping or doing errands, leave heels at home and wear comfortable shoes. Athletic shoes, flats, or low-heeled boots with good arch support and padded soles help increase comfort and prevent ankle and foot pain that results in wearing heels. For specific footwear recommendations, click the following link to see which types of footwear have received the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance and Seal of Approval for promoting foot health. http://www.apma.org/learn/content.cfm?ItemNumber=1108&navItemNumber=535
– If shoes feel tight, use a shoe stretcher to make them more comfortable before heading out the door.
– Distribute the weight of shopping bags evenly on both sides of your body. Lighten your load by making frequent trips to the car to drop off packages.
– Whenever possible use a shopping cart to avoid stressing your back with heavy packages, and ask for assistance lifting heavy objects.
– When walking, keep your back straight and relaxed; try not to slouch as it shifts your weight forward and puts you off balance.
– Women should opt for carrying a small backpack rather than a heavy purse.
– Keep your energy up by taking frequent breaks to enjoy a snack, stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, and rest your feet. During your break, try to elevate your feet to help reduce any swelling.
– Apply Topricin Foot Therapy Cream before heading out for a heavy-duty day of holiday shopping, hours of travel, or a night on the town, massaging it onto legs, ankles, feet and all around your knees. This quickly helps to maximize the body’s healing and repairing process to keep you comfortable. Massage again when you return home.
– After a long, punishing day on your feet, take off your shoes and exercise them. Stretching is a good way to avoid muscle cramps. You can stave off toe cramps by raising, pointing and curling your toes for five seconds. Repeat 10 times. Rotating your ankles can also help relax feet. Cup your heel and turn each ankle slowly five times to loosen ankle joints.
– Soak your feet in a warm Epsom salt bath, dry, and massage in Topricin Foot Therapy Cream for soothing relief. Running your feet over a reflexology roller, a golf ball, or tennis ball after applying Topricin gives feet a great massage.
– See your doctor or podiatrist immediately if you have concerns about any foot issues.
HOW TOPRICIN WORKS AND USAGE:
Don’t pop a chemical pain pill or just soak your feet in Epsom salts—soothe pain and pamper your feet and legs with Topricin Foot Therapy Cream.
Topricin Foot Therapy Cream specifically targets ankle and foot pain, and is patented for the topical treatment of pain associated with neuropathy. The product’s fourteen natural biomedicines naturally support and assist the body by helping the subcutaneous skin layers of the feet drain toxins and excessive fluids from the tissues that increases blood flow and helps heal the damage that is causing the pain.
Apply Topricin Foot Therapy in the morning before putting on shoes, periodically throughout the day whenever possible, and again at night to maintain healthy, pain-free feet. As an added plus, Topricin Foot Therapy Cream is moisturizing, so it soothes dry, cracked skin.
Topricin Foot Therapy also relieves foot pain symptoms associated with Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, sprained and swollen ankles, forefoot pain, blisters, aching feet, flat feet, hammertoes, corns and calluses and other painful foot conditions and injuries.
Free of parabens and petroleum, Topricin Foot Therapy is safe and natural and doesn’t use any volatile oils such as camphor, menthol, petroleum or lanolin, fragrances or irritating chemicals. The cream is fast absorbing, odorless, and greaseless and will not stain clothing.
Topricin Foot Therapy is formulated for maximum absorption. Free of side effects, it can be applied many times, as needed, to relieve foot pain. It will not interference with other medications, and is safe for diabetics.
To learn more about Topricin Foot Therapy Cream, go to http://www.topricin.com.
About Topical BioMedics
20 years in business and a Certified B Corporation, Topical BioMedics is a research and development leader in topical patented natural biomedicines for pain relief. The company’s flagship product, Topricin® Pain Relief and Healing Cream, was introduced in 1994 and is now a leading natural therapeutic brand. A combination biomedicine formula, Topricin has been awarded a patent for the treatment of pain associated with fibromyalgia and neuropathy, and was listed among the Top 100 Green Products of 2012 by Healthy Holistic Living.
The Topricin family of natural healing products also includes Topricin Foot Therapy Cream, specially formulated to treat painful foot and ankle issues and conditions, and Topricin for Children, which received the Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval (with 5% of sales donated to pediatric cancer foundations). Made in the U.S.A., all Topricin products are federally-regulated over-the-counter medicines with no known side effects, no parabens, petroleum, or other harsh chemicals, no grease, and no odor.
For over 20 years, the company has assisted hundreds of thousands of people suffering with pain and those addicted to painkillers to achieve fully restored and robust healthy living. Unfortunately, millions of people continue to suffer in pain, with many experiencing the hazardous side effects of OTC chemical pain pills or negative effects of narcotic Rx painkillers—an epidemic that turns the lives of American families upside down and is undermining the very fabric of our country.
Because of the company’s experience in addressing these challenges, it has launched its
“Get Relief, Give Relief” initiative: for every Topricin product purchased directly from the company, it will donate a tube of Topricin to a free pain clinic or charitable organization. To participate in “Get Relief, Give Relief,” order from http://www.topricin.com or call 1-800-LES-PAIN (537-7246).
Topical BioMedics now offers TopTrack, a new app for on-the-go pain tracking and monitoring. TopTrack is available free of charge for iPad via the App Store, and will roll out on additional devices in the coming months. http://bit.ly/1rIQD89
Topricin is available in independent pharmacies, natural food and co-op stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Pharmaca, The Vitamin Shoppe, Fred Meyer, Wegmans, CVS (Foot Care Section), Walgreens (Diabetic Section), and other fine retailers, as well as directly from the company.
For more information visit http://www.topricin.com.
Please Read–We care about you! Information contained herein is educational in nature & not intended as a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you have a medical issue, be sure to consult your healthcare practitioner. Always let your healthcare practitioner know when you are considering any self-help treatment, especially if you are taking prescription drugs. Be sure to see your healthcare practitioner for any pain that has lasted more than 3 days.
American Podiatric Medical Association
HuffPost Healthy Living